2017 is only THREE days away! Can you believe it?! It seems like every year end it is hard to believe how quickly the year blew past us. As you close this chapter in your book of life and head into a brand new year, remember that it is never too late to accomplish goals you did not meet (don’t know about you, but a new, fresh start always sounds like a good idea)! If you accomplished all of your goals for 2016, then now is the time to set new goals for you to crush in 2017. Never let yourself get complacent!
In this post we want to talk about the Healthiest New Years Resolutions outside of the typical, lose weight, get fit, and eat healthier. Those goals should be life goals, not just a short sprint on the time line of your life.
Don’t let your New Year’s Resolution become one of those projects where you get excited, buy all of the supplies, map out the perfect plan of attack and then after a few days you push it aside and tell yourself you will finish it later. We all know that later turns into the project being buried under a pile of stuff you don’t want to throw out in your garage. Let’s be honest…
Each January, roughly one in three Americans resolve to better themselves in some way. A much smaller percentage of people actually make good on those resolutions. While about 75% of people stick to their goals for at least a week, less than half (46%) are still on target six months later, a 2002 study found (we imagine the statistics haven’t changed much since then). Don’t be a statistic! For 2017, pick a goal you can stick too. We promise you, nothing feels as satisfying as accomplishing a goal.
Here are 5 goals (outside of the cliche losing weight and getting fit) that we think will make your life more fulfilled and healthy, plus they are totally attainable:
- STAY IN TOUCH: Have you lost touch with old friends, or do you feel like you do not make enough effort to stay in touch with that Brother that lives in Chicago, or your Grandparents in Florida? Maybe you have friends and family right in your backyard that you are not carving out time for? Nothing is more energizing than the love from those who truly care about you.
- SAVE MONEY: Now that the holiday season is behind us, it is time to give our wallets a rest. Your credit card may even be sending you smoke signals from all those last minute impulse purchases, or sales you have been stalking online (we all do it). No need for buyers remorse, what’s done is done, but the good news is that you can start saving RIGHT NOW. It is never to late to make financial goals. After all, these are some of the best goals.
- CUT YOUR STRESS: Relax you mind, let your conscious be free. This is the year to give your nervous system a little love. Write down all of the things that stressed you out in 2016 and make the dedicated decision to not let them rule your life in the New Year. Remember, you are totally in control of your mind. If it is something that you cannot control, then ask yourself “Does this have a place in my life?”.
- VOLUNTEER: You have the power to impact the lives of those around you. What a special power that is! Did you use this power in 2016? If not, we highly suggest you set goals to give back to the community in 2017. That warm and fuzzy feeling you get from donating your time and giving unselfishly to others will forever change you.
- TRAVEL: The world is your oyster! If you give yourself anything in 2017, buy the ticket and take the ride! Travel will change you for the better in so many ways. It will enrich your life more than anything you could ever buy. The experiences and memories that you receive from traveling the world will be forever remembered. Set a goal to see and experience something new in 2017.
We wish you ALL a healthy and happy New Year. We hope to see everyone at the BAR in 2017!!